utter nonsense

Monday, November 08, 2004

The Soundtrack to my Life

I woke up this morning with the theme song of Beverly Hills 90210 stuck in my head. I think it's almost out but that is an earworm that is hard to shake. I do that a lot...wake up with a song stuck in my head. Most of the time it is some sort of random metal song. Examples include but are not limited to Iron Maiden's Run to the Hills (my personal favorite), AC/DC's Hell's Bells, and Ozzy Ozborne's Crazy Train. I don't know what to attribute it too but it is actually a very interesting way to start the day. The metal normally gives way to cheezy 80's songs later in the day. Such tracks include but, again, are not limited to Wham's Wake Me Up Before You Go Go (I am not sure that is the correct title but you get the drift), David Lee Roth's cover of I'm Just a Gigilo, Pretty much anything written by Duran Duran, and Cindy Lauper's She Bop. You can say what you will about the music but I really have no choice in the matter. I do what I can to get through the day and then start the soundtrack of my life over again the next morning. It's like a permanent mix tape made by my friend in elementary school in my head. The only difference is each day the track changes. Hey, it keeps things interesting.

Side Note: Saw the latest Duran Duran video the other day and it completely blows. John Taylor is still hot though and that's really all that matters.

Listening To: Ted Leo and the Pharmacists

2 Comments:

Blogger MsComrade said...

every now and again i will get a chili's commericial stuck in my head. i guess it's fair punishment for watching such shitty tv.

3:15 PM

 
Blogger betagirl said...

I want them baby back, baby back, baby back ribs...Chili's baby back ribs...barbeque sauce

3:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home