utter nonsense

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Mental Breakdowns and Mos Def....

I just heard a really great song (Direct Effect...who woulda guessed it?) by Talib Kweli and I am writing it here so I remember to go buy the CD. Mr. Kwali used to be in an underground hip hop band with Mos Def called Black Star and I want to buy their CD's as well. If you get a chance check it out.

My friend Jan and her roommate drop by the apt. tonight. We don't get many drop ins and I'll be honest I really enjoy them. It sort of reminds me that there is a life out of my shitty work and lazy nights. The lazy nights may be coming to an end though. I am becoming increasingly more antsy and am not to in to watching the tube right now. Not only is it killing multiple brain cells but it sort of stresses me out and irritates me to watch most television. For example, I watched about twenty minutes of Road Rules/ Real World challenge tonight and I wanted to freak out and yell because all these shows do is get a bunch of bitchy girls and a bunch of dudes who like to party, pump them full of alcohol, and then let them act like imbasilles. Not in to it. I have turned into one of those people that would prefer to rent all of the Curb Your Enthusiam, Six Feet Under, and the Office and then return them all late. Better yet, I would rather go to bed early and read Pride and Prejudice these days. I think it is getting older. All of the sudden you want to have craft groups with your girlfirends. You go to birthday parties at seven, have a blast at the all girl fest, and you are home by midnight. You enjoy the fact that you have to walk/bike to work in the morning and turn it into your own private morning where you get up an hour early so that you can grab coffee, think about life, and take your time going to the lab. I look forward to coming home and taking my dog for a walk. I like happy hour on Friday and lay pretty low the rest of the week. I am more into music than I have been most of my life but going to shows kills my back. I am a big girl now and you know what? I am totally copasetic with it. I really am! The only thing that would make life better....a newer, better paying job and a new not so crappy hair cut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home